Fort Townshend, in St. John’s, has been the RNC’s Headquarters since 1871. This fall (2013), the force will move into its newly refurbished and greatly expanded Headquarters building. A prominent space in the new building has been set aside for a museum, which the Historical Society will construct and maintain. We have assembled a very large collection of historical artifacts and mementos, dating back to the early years of the 19th century. These will enable us to present the history of the RNC accurately and in detail. The Society will be responsible for furnishing and operating the Museum, which will receive no public funding.
The 2014 Auction and Gala will be the premier fundraising event for the Museum.